This week we have searched high and low for the five best videos on dyscalculia and here they are!
1. My world without numbers – Line Rothmann
At number one we have the fantastic Tedx Talk from Line Rothmann. She has dyscalculia and tells us of what is like and what quirky systems she developed to get on in a world that is largely based on numbers.
2. Dyscalculia – Numberphile
In second place we have one of our favourites Numberphile. In the video they have a cognitive neuropsychology expert Professor Brian Butterworth talk about his research on the seldom-discussed “dyslexia for numbers”.
3. What Is Dyscalculia? – Dr. Daniel Ansari from the Numerical Cognition Laboratory at Western University
In at three we have Dr. Daniel Ansari from the Numerical Cognition Laboratory at Western University (London, ON) discussing developmental dyscalculia.
4. What is Dyscalculia? Dyslexic Advantage in One Minute
At four we have Dyscalculia in one minute by Dyslexic Advantage, a super great and quick informative video on dyscalculia.
5. Dyscalculia: Tips & Tricks to Help Students – Jillian Augustin
Last but not least we have Dyscalculia: Tips & Tricks to Help Students by Jillian Augustin. This is a wonderful video that promises to help teachers adjust their classrooms to be more accommodating towards students who experience dyscalculia.