Join The Dyscalculia Support Group!

A few weeks back we were asked through Dyscalculia Blog about online support groups for adults with dyscalculia. I found a great group on Facebook that could possible help, but this was not its main focus. So we decided to set up our own Facebook group, where we can support each other, ask questions, post helpful resources and talk all things dyscalculiaic whether is about you child or yourself!

Dyscalculia can affect anyone and this is a great starting point as a lot of people are discovering that they have dyscalculia late in life and they realise all the struggles it caused them. They are unsure how to tackle these difficulties and it can be hard to find useful information, but now we can help each other using this Dyscalculia Support Group as a tool.

Please feel free to join, share, and ask questions and we can start raising awareness of the affects of dyscalculia and how to challenge them.

11 thoughts on “Join The Dyscalculia Support Group!

• October 19, 2018 at 12:54 pm

I have had this my entire life. Have been,passed up for jobs caude of it. It is horrible and noone understands. My evil,sister says in not a responsible,adult cause I can’t keep,a job…truth is, its because I can’t do,the comouters and that math stuff and did horrible,in school. Teacher said i wasnt trying hard enough. Im scared if latest employer finds out I have this, i,will,be fired.

• October 21, 2018 at 5:54 pm

Hi Carol,

Thank you for your message πŸ™‚ Your employer should not be able to fire you just based on you having dyscalculia as that would be discrimination. It’s slightly different depending on where you live in the world but you should be protected by some form of equality act. Would you like me to find further information based on which country you live in?

Best,
      James

• November 4, 2018 at 6:42 am

Hi my son Cooper is 17 as and I have yet to find anyone that can help him with his dyscalculia. His public and now his private school for learning disabilities is having trouble teaching him in math. Is there s school that specifically teaches kids with DYSCALCULIA. HES S JUNIOR AND IS STARTING HIS COLLAGE TOURS AND CANT COUNT MONEY πŸ™
    LORRAINE

• November 5, 2018 at 9:14 pm

Hi Lorraine,
      It differs from place to place and country to country, if you would like to tell me where you live? I’ll do some research and hopefully, we can find you an answer.

• November 12, 2018 at 12:17 am

Hi,

my name is kate and i’m a 17 year old who struggls with dyscalculia. I have my leaving very coming up in a few months(basically like an end of year exam)and i was wondering if there’s anything that can be done to help me in my maths exam? we have a log table with most formulas but i struggle badly with passing my exams and if i don’t pass my maths exam i won’t get into any colleges after :/ is there any way i could get a bit more extra help?

• November 16, 2018 at 10:23 am

Hi Kate,
      I would first recommend joining our Dyscalculia Support Group on Facebook (click here). As it is full of people that have been through this situation before and can offer real-life practical advice and some of the professionals that work with maths and dyscalculia, so even more help! It is possible that you can get extra support from your school but that all depends on where you live, could you tell me where your current school is? and I’ll look into it for you.

• November 16, 2018 at 3:55 pm

im a 17 year old senior in high school. i have not been diagnosed with dyscalculia. i have my suspicions that i might have it since i have had a life-long struggle with math. i can barely do basic functions and when i finally do learn them they dont stick for long. Even when i apply myself to better my efforts, there seems to be no avail. ive tried bringing it up to my mother but she says its just from me being lazy and not trying. no matter what i do, i dont feel motivated enough to keep going because i know if i do, there’ll be no results.

• November 16, 2018 at 9:41 pm

Hi Alyssa,
      It sounds like it may be dyscalculia, but please do not give up hope! There are people that care and can help you in our Dyscalculia Support Group on Facebook (click here). They are people like you who have struggled with maths all their lives and can offer practical advice and support, some of them are now professionals that work with maths and dyscalculia, so even more help!

Hope this helps and please do contact us if you have any questions πŸ™‚